When you think of fall, what do you think of? Most people think of pumpkins, trick or treating with your kids, and letting yourself indulge in plenty of sweet treats. When we think of fall, we think of conferences.
Conference season is our favorite time of the year. We get to travel all over the United States and meet dozens of intelligent and hard-working pest control and lawn care company owners. Whether we are speaking, working at our booth, or networking at dinner events, we are always eager to meet and influence new people.
You might be thinking, “After being so busy this spring and summer, I don’t have the energy or time to go to conferences.” Well, we completely understand that; however, here are a few reasons why you should be adding conference season to your calendar:
- Learning- whether you’re learning about new trends in the industry or being trained on a new product, conferences are a great place to pick up some new skills or sharpen some old ones.
- Networking- When you go to conferences, you’re not just meeting with other business owners. You’re meeting vendors, potential employees, market experts, and maybe even a couple of new friends who might seriously have an impact on your business.
- Investing- Conferences aren’t just for owners. Your leadership team can take just as much out of these conferences as you do. It’s a great way to invest in your managers and keep your team focused on the same goals.
- Staying up to date- When business is going well, it’s easy to get into a routine. But, as we all know, things can change at the drop of a hat. It’s important to stay up to date on what’s changing and who the big players are in your industry.
- Take a break- While conferences are a great place to network and grow professionally, it’s also a time where you can relax. You’ve pushed yourself and your team through the busy season, and now it’s time to take a breather and enjoy yourself.
So, what are the conferences that are too good to miss this fall?
- GIE+Expo- (October 17-19, Kentucky) GIE is “America’s Largest Show for the outdoor power equipment industry” and a must for any lawn care company owner. With over 850 exhibits and a 20 acre demo area, you’ll have plenty to see at this conference.
- PestWorld 2018- (October 23-26, Orlando) This is one of our favorite conferences of the year. If you’re in the pest control industry, you should be going to this conference. PestWorld is a great opportunity to network and learn about cutting edge technology and products, and meet a variety of new vendors- everyone from manufacturers to mold removal specialists. If you’re attending, be sure to stop by our booth!
- Global Bed Bug Summit- (November 27-29, Denver) If you offer bed bug control, this is a great conference for you to attend. You’ll get to network with some of the top bed bug experts and learn about some new products that are on the market.
- CO2 - (December 4-7, Raleigh) Ok, we might be biased, but what better way to end the year than to attend CO2? Hosted by Coalmarch Productions (that’s us!), anyone in the service industry can take away something from this conference. We cover everything from building your team to building your company. At CO2, you can learn all about new marketing trends specifically for your industry and come home with a list of action items to make sure that 2019 is your best year yet. You can also tour Bayer’s Research Facility and attend a workshop with Dan Gordon of PCO Bookkeepers and Donnie Shelton of Triangle Pest Control. If you haven’t signed up, register today!