This year at CO2, I am presenting on the perfect recruitment model for your business. I have been speaking with businesses all over the country with pest control and lawn business owners on how they aren’t able to recruit effectively and they never have enough people when they need them. I hope this presentation helps you to recruit more effectively and alleviate some of the stress you had in 2017. You can see the full presentation here: The Perfect Recruitment Model for Your Business
My presentation follows the following recruiting model:
- DELIGHT your current team members
- CLOSE more applicants by improving your processes and tracking the right metrics
- CONVERT prospects into leads by updating your application and process
- ATTRACT the right kinds of people by executing the digital recruitment model.
My presentation includes a lot of actionables that I want to recap here. These insights will allow you to hit the ground running in 2018 and will give you the ideas you need to make a dramatic improvement with your recruiting.
DELIGHT your current team members
- Analyze your benefits and pick one benefit to change/improve
- If you don’t have a career path outlined for your top 3 positions, write that and post it online
- Create a timeline for performance reviews and work with your managers to roll this out
- Here is a helpful blog post on how to improve team performance: https://www.coalmarch.com/insights/improve-team-performance
CLOSE more applicants by improving your processes and tracking the right metrics
- Write five new processes related to hiring
- Looking for examples? Check this post out: https://www.coalmarch.com/insights/your-comprehensive-fool-proof-hiring-...
- Host a training with your managers to review your ideal types of employees and where you are falling short.
- Outline and track five metrics related to recruiting. Review these every month!
CONVERT prospects into leads by updating your application and process
- Sign up for a free trial of Textio at textio.com
- Add all of your job descriptions to Textio and make changes within the 30 day window
- Outline 3 or 4 areas/phrases that you want to test in 2018 and begin to add those to your job descriptions
- Create an employee survey to ask employees why they started working with you
- Why did they apply?
- What in the job description stood out?
- How did this job differ from others they applied to?
ATTRACT the right kinds of people by executing the digital recruitment model.
- Update your website for applicants
- Incorporate content for applicants into your monthly content calendar
- Respond to all reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor
- Update your design materials to include recruitment-focused messaging
In May of 2017, Google Jobs was announced. In addition to building out the perfect recruitment model, you also need to stay in tune on the changes coming down the pipeline with Google Jobs. More information on Google jobs and the schema markup can be found here: https://searchengineland.com/google-for-jobs-open-to-job-search-sites-de...
- List your salaries on every open position
- Measure where applicants are coming from
- Invest in the platforms that are sending you the most applicants
- Prepare to post new positions weekly/bi-weekly
You can see the full presentation on Slideshare: The Perfect Recruitment Model for Your Business.
Following these tips and processes will take a lot of time and dedication. You can’t go at it alone. Not only are we here to help - but involve other members of your team! You need the full support of every single team member in order to execute the perfect recruitment model. j
Send me a note and let me know what works and where you are having challenges. I am happy to help!
You can also check out my blog post on tips for hiring more women on PWIPM.